I’m still trying to figure out how I feel about this program. The problem right now is that I only know the abstract about the program and not the practical application.
Before I jump on board I really want to see the program in action and talk to teachers who have really bought into the program. I want to examine their documents and see how they match mine.
Is that too much to ask? I feel really nervous any time I turn something in that is half baked because I’m feeling unprepared.
1. Are there separate central themes for each section?
2. How do the central themes change day-to-day teaching?
3. What kind of assessments are used?
4. What do lesson plans look like?
5. Is the lessson planning collaborative or individual?
6. Is there room within the themes to be able to put in book studies like The Phantom Tollbooth?
7. What impact does the themes have?
8. What resources are used do develop the day-to-day lessons the kiddos see?
I’ve got more questions, but I’m out of time. Do I have a right to be concerned?